Today is our third snow day in a row. I'm liking that our little family is spending a whole lot of time together.
We are playing + making + cooking + eating.
We are also trying to keep warm + drinking tons of tea and hot chocolate + making the house look very "lived in"
I'm (once again) thinking about how we need to get rid of more stuff we're not using. To make room for dancing + playing + creating + daydreaming.
I like that I have been spending a lot more time outside - running + walking + playing with zoe.
Liking that clearing out + organizing always equals sewing inspiration.
Liking that my girlie loves science + creating + dancing while doing the science and making.
Enjoying the music + dancing entertainment that fills our evenings. Garnering inspiration from my kiddos.
Cooking after school snacks...
That taste even yummier for breakfast the next day. (recipe on my flickr)
Other things that I am liking in january are:
- reading in bed each night on my new kindle paperwhite.
- drinking my favorite tea combo (1 bag tazo awake + 1 bag tazo passion) each morning.
- listening to NPR while I drive my kiddos to all their activities and events.
- roasting a seventeen pound turkey because I found an extra can of whole cranberry sauce in my pantry.
- catching up with old friends through blogs and flickr.
- taking weekly five mile walks with a good friend.
- going on daily runs with my pups each morning.
- laughing with my smart + silly kiddos - who are a lot of fun when they're not arguing!
Hope you too are finding many things to like this january.