I had planned to post about our weekend full of celebration, friends, picnics and play but I'm having trouble uploading my pictures. This happens every time I don't reboot my computer for several days - and so I will do that later on today and try again. But because my kiddos only have six more days of school and I have a bazillion things to get done in those several days - and, well, time is of the essence - I will post about something less exciting with photos that I uploaded last week. But please stay and read it anyway because it's kinda funny - and who doesn't need a bit of funny on a rainy Monday. (I realize that it may not be raining where you are but i'm feeling a bit self-absorbed this morning so please bear with me)
It all began when I googled a movie quote to make sure that I remembered it correctly...
I stumbled upon this list of "Things we have learned from movies... " Although I hardly watch any television these days I adore movies - all kinds really - so I found this list quite entertaining.
Things we have learned from movies:
1. Large, loft-style apartments in New York City are well within the price range of most people whether they are employed or not.
2. At least one of a pair of identical twins is born evil.
3. Should you decide to defuse a bomb, don't worry which wire to cut. You will always choose the right one.
4. Most laptop computers are powerful enough to override communications system of any invading alien society.
5. It does not matter if you are heavily outnumbered in a fight involving martial arts - your enemies will wait patiently to attack you one by one by dancing around in a threatening manner until you have knocked out their predecessors.
6. When you turn out the light to go to bed, everything in your bedroom will still be clearly visible, just slightly bluish.
7. If you are blonde and pretty, it is possible to become a world expert on nuclear fission at the age of 22.
8. Honest and hard working policemen are traditionally gunned down three days before their retirement.
9. Rather than wasting bullets, megalomaniacs prefer to kill their archenemies using complicated machinery involving fuses, pulley systems, deadly gasses, lasers, and man-eating sharks, which will allow their captives at least 20 minutes to escape.
10. During all police investigations, it will be necessary to visit a strip club at least once.
11. All beds have special L-shaped cover sheets that reach up to the armpit level on a woman but only to waist level on the man lying beside her.
12. All grocery shopping bags contain at least one stick of French bread.
13. It's easy for anyone to land a plane providing there is someone in the control tower to talk you down.
14. Once applied, lipstick will never rub off even while scuba diving.
15. You're very likely to survive any battle in any war unless you make the mistake of showing someone a picture of your sweetheart back home.
16. When they are alone, all foreign military officers prefer to speak to each other in English.
17. The Eiffel Tower can be seen from any window in Paris.
18. A man will show no pain while taking the most ferocious beating but will whine when a woman tries to clean his wounds.
19. If a large pane of glass is visible, someone will be thrown through it before long.
20. If staying in a haunted house, women should investigate any strange noises in their most revealing underwear.
21. Word processors never display a cursor on screen, but will always say: "Enter Password Now".
22. Even when driving down a perfectly straight road, it is necessary to turn the steering wheel vigorously from left to right every few moments. Tires will squeal on any surface, at any speed.
23. All bombs are fitted with electronic timing devices with large red readouts so you know exactly when they're going to go off.
24. A detective can only solve a case once he has been suspended from duty.
25. If you decide to start dancing in the street, everyone you meet will know all the steps.
Fun list, no?
I have no time for tv viewing because I spend a lot of time driving from the country to the city and back. I am a lucky girl because for half the ride my view is of this river.
And on a beautifully overcast morning last week I got out of my car to take a picture of the river.
And for good measure I also took a picture of my feet walking to said river.
If you were wondering what movie quote it was that I googled that led me to stumble upon the above list it was:
"Always in motion is the future."
spoken by Yoda in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
And I'll leave you with a little movie recommendation: greg and i watched A World Without Theives (2004) the other night and really enjoyed this Chinese action drama. Streamed it right off netflix - no discs, no planning, no waiting - just the way I like it.